Guidelines for External Tutors to Upload Courses on Flowdiary Platform
Thank you for your interest in becoming an external tutor and contributing your expertise to Flowdiary e-learning platform. We believe that collaboration with talented educators is essential in expanding the range of high-quality courses we offer to our learners. To ensure a seamless experience for both tutors and students, we have established the following guidelines for uploading courses on our platform.
Course Content Guidelines:
- Relevance: Courses should align with the digital skills focus of Flowdiary and cater to the needs and interests of our target audience. We encourage courses that cover topics such as programming languages, web development, graphic design, digital marketing, cybersecurity, video editing, and other relevant digital disciplines.
- Quality Content: Courses should provide comprehensive and well-structured content, ensuring that learners can effectively grasp the concepts and skills being taught. Clear explanations, practical examples, and hands-on exercises are highly encouraged to enhance the learning experience.
- Language: Courses should be delivered in clear and concise Hausa language, ensuring ease of understanding for learners. The use of the local language promotes accessibility and inclusivity, aligning with Flowdiary's commitment to linguistic diversity.
- Originality: Courses should consist of original content created by the tutor. Plagiarism or unauthorized use of copyrighted materials is strictly prohibited. Tutors should ensure that their courses do not infringe upon intellectual property rights or violate any legal regulations.
- Non-Duplication: Flowdiary does not accept duplicate courses. If a course with similar content is already available on Flowdiary, we will not accept duplicate submissions. Tutors are encouraged to offer unique and distinct courses to provide diverse learning opportunities for our students.
- Video and Audio Quality: Courses should have high-quality video and audio production. Tutors are expected to use professional equipment or tools that deliver clear and audible content. Proper lighting, clear visuals, and good sound quality contribute to an optimal learning experience.
- Video Length and Lecture Count: Each course should consist of not less than 7 lectures. Course videos should be divided into manageable sections, typically ranging from 5 to 20 minutes in duration. This helps learners digest the content effectively and allows for easy navigation within the course.
- File Formats: All course materials, including videos, presentations, and supplementary resources, should be provided in formats compatible with the Flowdiary platform. Commonly supported file formats include MP4 for videos, PDF for documents, and JPEG or PNG for images.
- Accessibility: Flowdiary aims to provide an inclusive learning environment. Therefore, tutors are encouraged to provide closed captions or subtitles for their videos to accommodate learners with hearing impairments. Additionally, tutors should ensure that their course materials are accessible to individuals with visual impairments, considering factors such as font size and color contrast.
Course Delivery and Support:
- Tutor Account and Course Management: After the course upload process, tutors will be provided with a tutor account on Flowdiary. This account will allow tutors to manage their courses, drive visitors to their content, and access metrics and analytics to track the performance of their courses.
- Engaging Delivery: Tutors should deliver their courses with enthusiasm and engage learners through clear explanations, interactive elements, and practical examples. Encouraging student participation and addressing questions or concerns contribute to an engaging learning experience.
- Communication: Tutors should be responsive to student queries and actively participate in the course discussion forums. Prompt and helpful responses contribute to a positive learning environment and enhance student engagement.
- Course Updates: Tutors are responsible for keeping their courses up to date. As technology and best practices evolve, tutors should review and update their content periodically to ensure its relevance and accuracy.
Payment and Revenue Sharing:
- Revenue Sharing: Flowdiary operates on a revenue-sharing model, where external tutors receive a 70% share of the course revenue generated from their courses.
- Payment Schedule: Payments to external tutors will be made on a quarterly basis, with payments issued after three months of course enrollment. This means tutors will receive payments four times a year.
- If you are interested in becoming an external tutor, kindly forward your full name, state of residence, course name and its syllabus to our WhatsApp +2348145440710.
- After a short review, you will be given a link to upload the course and your account will be upgraded to tutor account
- If you have any inquiries regarding the course uploading process, revenue sharing, or any other platform-related issues, please feel free to contact us via WhatsApp.Our support team will be happy to assist you and provide any necessary guidance
By adhering to these guidelines, external tutors can contribute to the growth and success of Flowdiary's e-learning platform while receiving fair compensation for their expertise. We value your commitment to providing exceptional educational content in Hausa language to our learners. Together, we can empower individuals with the digital skills they need to thrive in the modern world. We look forward to reviewing your course proposals and welcoming you as part of our esteemed team of tutors.